Monday, January 18, 2010

You go Glen Coco!!

Marisa & I after the race.
Susan & I before the race.

Race day has come and gone and I have to say I am SO proud of myself! My first 5k and I got through it without stopping!! Although, I must admit upon hitting the finish line I definitely thought I was going to vomit (Proud to say I did not!! But next time I will definitely not be drinking 2 beers the night before, no matter how nervous and depressed I may be feeling). I finished the race in 29 minutes and 20 seconds, that is 5-6 minutes BETTER then I ever had in the gym!! Roughly meaning I ran a 9.4 minute mile and that is NOT half bad! :)

It was such a good time, minus freezing feet and a 45 minute delay so everyone running the 20k could get their shit together. I felt really good watching the 20k-ers run by before our race and cheering for them and even better when I dragged my butt over the finish line and had Marisa & Susan cheering for me. They both finished a few minutes before me and I am SO happy that I had them to run with.

Marisa and I are still dead set on running the GW Classic on April 25th, meaning we are seriously going to have to step up our training. Ten miles is an awfully long time considering I was dragging after the 5k. But we still have 3 months left to train. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

I also found an AWESOME race/obstacle course/music festival called Run a Muck. It's another 5k, but you run in teams of 2-4 and through all these obstacles like mud and hills and rediculous crap. You can also dress up, if you choose to! Plus, there is live music playing all day and vendors. I just think it sounds like too much fun to pass up and I can going to try to convince Marisa to run it with me! Cannot wait.

CANNOT WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment