Friday, January 22, 2010

Wake up, foot.

Ever since I started running, I've had a problem with my right foot falling asleep 20 minutes in. It's really quite annoying and can get painful at times making me stop when I would have otherwise kept going. I've been chalking up the whole thing to needing new orthotics, but those are going to cost me a pretty penny...which I don't exactly have right now. I also just got new running shoes in October, so that could be the issue also.

I decided to do a bit of research and apparently I am not the only one with this problem (thank god). I've read it has to do with conditioning, shoes that are too tight, shoes that are too tight in the wrong area, socks that are too small, socks that get pushed backward towards your heal...somehow, just restricting blood flow to your foot or pinching a nerve or something to that effect.

I've read enough though that I think I should probably go back to my podiatrist and get it checked out, which is such a pain in the ass. I might as well throw more money away and get those $500 orthotics. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment