Friday, January 15, 2010

Game Day.

Tomorrow is the big day. Granted, it's not an intense race. It's not even a very long one. But it's my first one and it's something I've been looking forward to for a while now and that is pretty awesome. I'm really proud of myself for the last month or so, especially for the days I really didn't want to go to the gym because I had to pick Eddie up and come home and then go back out.

I've managed to work out at least 3 days a week since I've begun this process (a lot of running [inside & outside], cardio, soccer, etc) & I feel like my stamina is in a pretty good place. I'm also finding that I look forward to getting in the gym and going on a 30-45 minute run and that running outside in the [FREEZING] cold isn't all that terrible. I've also come to enjoy working out later in the evening, 7:30pm/8:00pm? Gym time.

Anyway, with all that being said I will leave this post with the quote that I started my blog with (because sometimes my positive affirmations are not appreciated on facebook).

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

Now let's just see if I can finish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment