Thursday, December 31, 2009

Feeling sorry for myself -

Last night I had a pathetic work out. I still did cardio for an hour at the gym, but not straight running, and that made me a little depressed and not excited for the impending race. I suppose I should be happy that I made it to the gym at all considering I really had no desire to go and was home for over an hour and 1/2 before deciding to finally get up off my ass and go. It didn't really help that my dinner consisted of mainly vegetables and some tuna and 2 hard boiled eggs, so I really had no energy to run to begin with.
I ran into Marisa on the way in to the though. Congrats to her for sticking with it and me! Knowing she is around and still working towards the same goal as I am is good motivation. I've also been communicating with a very good old friend of mine, Nicole, about running and getting in shape. I am so proud of her. She is running all sorts of marathons and as much as a struggle as some days may be, she's still doing it and pushing forward. It's real motivation knowing she is working towards the same goals as I am too!
Anyway, Marisa & I have a run coming up with AAR on the 9th and then the 5k is the following weekend so there isn't a lot of time left. I was hoping to maybe try running outside tomorrow, but I fear I will probably be too hung over from tonights NYE festivities. Looks like I will be sticking to the gym until the 16th.
I need to buy some real running clothes, and soon. Aside from the fact that all my work out clothes are old and ratty, I literally have no clothes that are running specific. I would like something along the lines of the following items...



I would really like some running tights. Those are highest on my list right now. Target here I come!
Happy new year and happy running everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep it going, you are doing great! There is no rule that says that you have to run straight to be considered a runner! A lot of runners run 10 and 1's, where you run for 10 minutes and walk for 1, and repeat until you are done. I find this helps when I get tired because I get a walk break, but after a minute I know I have to get going again.

    Also, definitely get running tights! I LOVE them! I just got some thermal ones and they are so nice and fuzzy inside!

    Good luck for your 5k, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete