Thursday, December 10, 2009

With breath that is bated...


It's official. Marisa and I have signed up for the lottery for the cherry blossom 10 mile race. Better late then not signing up at all. We will know for sure if we made it when they hold the electronic selection on the 14th, so the only thing to do now is wait...and continue training. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
On a different note, I am really proud of my run on tuesday. I really didn't want to go to the gym that night, especially since I couldn't even get there until 7pm, but it was well worth it and I ran my whole workout without stopping. First time since I started training. I won't say how long it was because it is kind of embaressing how proud I am for how little I ran, but you have to start somewhere and the only place to go from here is up! I'll be running tonight and again on saturday morning and that makes for 4 times this week. I think that is pretty good for my first week.
I also found a pretty awesome mid-week training schedule through AAR so I've been thinking about picking up on that given my work week schedule.
I think it's kinda sad that I am excited about the schedule, but it's the little things in life!
"Anybody can be a runner. We were meant to move. We were meant to run. It's the easiest sport."

No comments:

Post a Comment