Monday, December 14, 2009

LOST. & Disapointment.

Ugh. A couple of things.

(This will not be lengthy because I, in no way, feel like writing.)

1. Marisa and I had our first run with AAR on saturday. We got lost from the group and instead of running the alotted 40 minutes, we ran/walked for 2 hours. I think we might have made it 6 miles? Then I got a parking ticket in Rosslyn because I didn't put enough money in the meter because I didn't think I'd need more then an hour and 45 minutes for a run that was only supposed to take 40 minutes.

2 (and more importantly). We didn't make it into the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race and I'm pretty damn disapointed. I understand there are are other races to run, but I really had my heart set on that one. As of now we are looking into running the GW Parkway Classic. It's also in the end of April and 10 miles and I don't think there is any sort of lottery we have to look into in order to run so, no disapointment there.

3. I am proud of the work out I had tonight. I wasn't really looking forward to going to the gym, but I went and I ran 4 miles (without stopping) and that's pretty great for just starting out. Soon enough, in the next couple weeks, I hope to be up to 6 miles without stopping. Right now I am running a 10 minute mile and that's not terrible. Could be better, but not terrible considering it is my second week of training. My back is still bothering me though. I think I really should see a chiropractor soon, but I just don't want to spend the money on it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment