Friday, April 22, 2011

What is Goo?

My aunt, Amy, just finished her first 1/2 marathon (Way to go, Amy!!) and in attempts to give me some advice she's told me to become very friendly with Goo. Basically, anything small and packed with sugar, electrolytes, and caffeine that can push you through the last couple miles....while trying not to go into a glucose meltdown and dragging my sorry butt across the finish line 1 inch at a time.

In my searching I've come across Clif Shot Gel Turbo and it sounds pretty promising. - CLIF SHOT® Turbo Energy Gel offers all of the performance upgrades of the new CLIF SHOT® Energy Gel, but also includes an extra concentrated caffeine kick for those days that require just a little bit more.

I'm sure I will soon run into those days that require just a little bit more.

Anyone else have any good advice for when I start hitting the long runs? Carry a 5 hour energy with me perhaps? Also, where do runners put these things? Fanny packs?


Wow, I guess so! Could you imagine me running the half marathon in my hot pink LuLu Lemon fanny pack?!

Oh, the remarks that would come out of Joeys mouth would be priceless.

I think I might need to invest in one of those.

3 comments:

  1. I've found that I can get through most runs without Gu, actually. I primarily only use them when I'm running HARD - like throwing some tempo miles in during a run over 16 miles - but that's just me. You can mess around and see what you like best. Besides, most of them aren't very good.

    As far as where to keep them - Most running shorts have little pockets in them where you can store them, but sometimes they'll make your shorts sag. I'll usually just carry one or two in my hands (I don't like having all kinds of stuff on), but I've seen people wear belts and tuck them away. I'm all about the fanny pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See - I didn't even get the name right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea what kind of fanny pack/belt is shown in that photo?

    ReplyDelete