Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beautiful sunny day on Mt. Vernon Trail - TERRIBLE RUN

I feel bad about myself and my run today. I was really psyched to get outside on this beautiful day! I was even on my way to the gym before turning around and saying "Hell no! I'm going to run outside!". I think that's where things started to turn.

I was supposed to run Mt. Vernon Trail by Reagan National Airport around 2:30. I've run it once before with Joey and Marisa last summer, but I've never gone alone and I figure it's a beautiful day outside I might as well get used to getting off my own butt and getting out there without anyone else beside me. Well, apparently my sense of direction is terrible and I ended up completely bypassing the entrance to the park and ending up driving 20 min into Alexandria before turning around and heading home. On TOTAL HAPPENSTANCE I find the entrance to the  park on the way back and decide to get my run on.

Which I thought would be great! The sun was shining and there was a nice breeze, etc, etc. It was a total disaster. I don't know why I was so tired today! I might have gone 3.8 mi, but I probably only ran about 2.8.

Sigh. I just couldn't get my act together. I'm happy I went at all, but I just want to know why it's SO HARD to be your own motivational speaker! I feel like if Sara, Marisa, or Joey was there I could have done a much better job.

Oh well, maybe next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment