Tuesday, April 26, 2011

132 days to go

Run #2 with Sara was awesome, with a few minor bumps in the road that won't be talked about. We did 4.51 yesterday on the W&OD Trail again in Shirlington. This time we went a different direction through the woods/creek which was VERY hilly to me (maybe not so hilly to a more experienced runner!). By the time we got back to the car my calves were KILLING me, but I was so glad I went.

I finally got my first taste of running outside during the summer - it was HOT and very muggy, but since we didn't hit the trail until 7ish it was barable. I think the heat slowed us down though because with the hills and short stop we finished in just about 50ish minutes. Yes, very very slow, but at least we did it!

Honestly, I don't think I'm too worried about how slow we are going, just as long as I don't fall over and die mid run...aka, just as long as I keep going. I think the best approach is to work on speed AFTER I know I can get to....hm....7? I'm not terribly far! I'm hoping to get to 7 in the next couple of weeks! Our goal for last night was 6, but with the hills and Sara not feeling well and my calves starting to burn, we copped out at 4.51. Again, not so bad!!

I'm hoping to get another run in on Wednesday, anyone want to join?? I'm noticing that I have a real problem running alone so maybe it's better to get up the motivation to keep myself going. I don't know, the run last Saturday was pretty shitty by myself.

Anyway - until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I will see you there! I am so proud of you! Happy half marathon here you come!!!!

    ReplyDelete