Thursday, April 21, 2011

Struggling 5k to Half Marathon

So. It's only been over a year since I have updated this particular blog. Since then I have done this...


Great Pumpkin 5k - Oct 2010


Love The Run You're With 5k - Feb 2011


Run-A-Muck 2010 - April 2010

As much complaining as I did in previous posts and as hard as it was/is I wouldn't give up picking up running for anything. It's healthy, enjoyable, and has brought me closer with a few particular people.

Since those 3 things, plus the race this whole ordeal started with, I've decided to do this...

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/virginia-beach

(Oh, and Run-A-Muck 2011 dressed as Saved By The Bell, of course!)

Why? Probably because I was dropped on my head a few times. Or because both my parents used to be serious runners with my mom running the Marine Corps Marathon a few times and my dad/mom running Jay's Run a few years in a row. Maybe because I just want to be able to say I accomplished it on my own. Whatever the reason is - I'm officially signed up and there's no turning back now....unless I want to lose $90 ($97) if you include whatever crappy processing fees.

I'm going to try my best to chronicle this whole process of struggling 5k to Half Marathon. There will be talk of running shoes, sore feet/ankles, goo, and the like. If it sounds boring, stop reading now. For those of you who choose to continue reading, I could really use the support.

I have 136 days to go (roughly 4.25 of the hottest months the DC area has to offer).

I've said it 100 times before and I will say it again - "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

WISH ME LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. "There will be talk of running shoes, sore feet/ankles, goo, and the like." YES!

    ReplyDelete