Wednesday, August 31, 2011

4 days to go

My thoughts on the race can best be described as this...

Marisa: 4 more days!!!!!
me: eeeeeeeek!!
Sent at 9:22 AM on Wednesday
Marisa: how are you feeling?
me: ha honestly, just that im going to wing it and hope to finish
 
I can't believe it's right around the corner. I've been training for this for about 4 months and it's here, it's really here. I already feel like I've accomplished so much. Even if I still haven't ever made it to 10 miles, I've made it to 9.5. NINE POINT FIVE. That's a huge accomplishment in and of itself and I'm proud of myself. I'm happy that I've found something that I enjoy doing and I'm happy that I met Sara & Megan and convinced them to share this experience with me and I'm happy that I'm doing this with Joey and Marisa, 2 very close friends. I can't wait to find Brett Michaels and try and steal his wig.
 
I mean....one day I'll have to explain my theory on Brett Michaels hair...
 
I'm just happy with my decision to do this and I'm sure I'll post again before the big day. A big thanks to everyone to who supported me in training and dealt with me not going out and being "lame". Keep on sending those positive vibes my way and I can't wait to have my post race MGD64.
 
I mean really...I'm like a kid who can't have a cookie and all they want is a cookie!! Gimme cookie!

2 comments: