Friday, August 19, 2011

16 days to go

Ok, Allison, just breath, you're not injured, you're still going to be able to run the half marathon, evertyhing will be fine.

Want to know what my definition of my worst nightmare is right now? Besides a brain eat amoeba? Getting injured 2 weeks before the half and not being able to run. My friend and old co-worker, Louis, was training for his first half marathon last year and injured his knee a few weeks before the race and was unable to run and ended up in pysical therapy. Can you even imagine? Putting in all that time and effort? I would be devestated.

I woke up this morning to a shooting pain in my right knee. Oh. My. God. I mean, it was sore after my run last night, but I didn't really think anything of it and now I'm freaking out a little bit because it hurts every time I bend it.

I was going to try and work out tonight, but I think it best if I stay off it. Might even stay off it until Sunday and see how it feels. I really REALLY wanted to get another 10 miler in on Sunday, but I'm not going to stress it.

I'm bugging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment