Tuesday, June 14, 2011

82 days to go

With last nights run I can definately say that the heat was the cause of my problems running the past couple times. The hot, humid, walls closing in and you can't breathe type of feeling has been less then pleasing and more than mildly discouraging! But yesterday the weather was beautiful and Sara and I got in a nice 5 miler down on the W&OD trail in about 50 min.

I can't say that I am totally back in action because yesterday I was struggling a little bit, but at least I finished the whole thing without needing a break...albeit I was pretty slow the whole time though. The point is just that I did it.

With that being said, a few weeks ago all us VA Beach 1/2 marathoners got June newsletter with a picture of the medal we will recieve once we cross that finish line.

'Aint she a beauty?? I'm excited to be able to get one of those bad boys to show that I did it. And maybe a little excited to get the swag bag too!

Also - yesterday I got an email for the Anthem Great Pumpkin 5k in October....isn't is June? I mean let's be honest, I'll probably do it, but I won't be signing up for it 3 months in advance. Not to mention the "great" pumpkin from last year was a little bit disapointing!!

Ok, I'm off. Till next time - happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment