Monday, November 7, 2011

25 days left...

You know what's funny? The most trivial thing about running seems to be the hardest thing for me to accomplish...properly fueling before a long run. It's not rocket science. You fuel the body, the body gets stronger and can perform better.

Last week I decided to keep a box of granola bars in the glove box of my car so I'd have a snack on the way to the gym/trail/etc. after work.

That picture looks way more delicious than what I actually got, but you get the jist.

....It was probably the most genius idea I've ever come up with.


Even something small makes it SO. MUCH. EASIER. to power through a workout. Tonight I had a few slices of grapefruit around 5pm and then a granola bar on the way to the gym around 6pm and I made it through my 6 miles like it was no big thang.

It's simple..hydrate + fuel = FUN RUN and HAPPY/HEALTHY ALLISON!

No comments:

Post a Comment