Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome Back.

I haven't posted in ages. Somewhat due to lack of information to post about and mostly due to a certain degree of laziness. I haven't been running in a week. A FULL WEEK. In fact, I am pretty positive it has been over a week, GUH! Can you believe that? What the hell is wrong with me? Now, there are certain key factors relating to this awful turn of events:

1 (out of my hands and most importantly). Snow: Snow has caused horrific driving conditions and binge drinking, which leads to complete and total laziness.

2. (work related) PMA: Photo Marketing Association trade show in Anaheim, CA that started this past saturday. Meaning the entire week before was dedicated to staying late at work, massive amounts of coffee, sleep deprivation, and trying not to kill myself.

3. (health related): SICK SICK SICK: This past weekend I thought I was going to die. It was lovely, I promise you. Friday I was feeling iffy, and saturday morning I woke up with an AWFUL headache, and body aches, and nausia. The whole 9 yards. I'm still feeling somewhat under the weather. Awesome.

I need to get back on the horse. I am going to have to unwillingly admit that I am 110% off the horse and need to get back on...and fast. I talked to Marisa last week about how I was struggling with this and how I've been thinking that I will not be ready for the 10 miler we had origionally planned to do. She was supportive, enthusiastic about getting on the horse even, but I knew she was disapointed and still gung-ho (however you spell that...) about the race in general. Something I have not felt in a few weeks. I blame the snow.

Shotty, but it's better then blaming my lack of motivation.

It's time to get back out there. Last Thursday I met one of Ari/Jenna's good friends, Maggie, who just moved to VA and is looking for someone to run with. Perfecto opportunity for me! We exchanged numbers/emails and hopefully we will get to running around the neighborhood soon! I'm psyched for Marisa & I to have a new person to run with! I also think there's a chance she will join AAR with us! All signs point to new running motivation in my life and that can bring nothing but positive vibes. :)

Stay tuned. I hope to get in the gym at least twice this work week, granted this headache subsides. I will post later about how my stamina has gone WAYYY down and how I currently struggle to run 2 miles. I will leave no detail unaccounted for and promise, it's as pathetic as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment