Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun runs!

So, yesterday Maggie cued me into something awesome! Every Tuesday & Thursday night at 7 Pacers has a complimentary "Fun Run". People gather at the store, the runs range from 3 to 7 miles, and they are FREE and open to the general public...and what a coincidence, there is a Pacers in the heart of Clarendon...OH! And what else? Parking around Clarendon is free after 6pm? Yeah. It is.

After further investigation I am finding just how diamond in the rough this find is. I have been skimming over the event calendar and there are some awesome finds here! For example, this Thursday and next Thursday there is a Free Injury Clinic at the Pacers in Clarendon! Which is right up my alley considering I hurt myself just about every other day. They also post races on the event calendar. The one coming up soonest is the Back on My Feet - St. Patrick's Day 8K. Now I don't know if I will be ready for an 8k in 2 weeks, but it's nice to dream.

This is really cool and dare I say I am somewhat excited. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I am super psyched about getting in the gym tonight and going for a run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment